This guide walks you through the process of operating our notary platform in the Fairfax (test) environment, in order to complete a test notarization end-to-end.
- The In-house notaries (IHN) feature is enabled on your Notarize Fairfax account. Please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager or [email protected] if you’d like this feature enabled.
- Your IHN onboarding process is complete. Please consult the IHN profile setup guide to complete this process.
Once your notary profile is successfully approved, you can access your test in-house notary (IHN) account at https://app.fairfax.proof.com. Log in and click “Meetings” to begin accepting calls.
When prompted to select your county, any value is accepted. You will then be able to view the incoming signer queue:
Incoming notary meeting requests will be displayed here when a signer has completed their ID verification steps and has entered the waiting room:
Click the signer’s name to begin a test notary meeting.
- Mute your microphone in the meeting if you and the signer are in the same room or are on another call together. We also recommend muting your browser tab (right click your Proof tab, Mute Site on most browsers).
- Before the signer signs the document, check the signer’s ID by clicking [...] next to the signer’s name, and click “Check ID”.
- At the bottom-right corner, click “Complete ID Validation”. Then in the bottom-left corner, click “Exit Identity Verification”.
- At the top-left, click “Manage Loose Leafs +”. Tick “Certificate of Acknowledgement” (this has no impact on completion status of the document).
- Allow the signer to complete all required fields in the document.
- Click-and-drag the notary seal, signature, and date from the right-hand side of the screen. For “Notarial Act Associated with this Seal”, tick “Acknowledgement”.
- In the top-right corner, click “Complete” to complete the meeting. Any outstanding completion requirements will pop up if not yet completed.
Then, if all outstanding requirements are completed, you will see the following pop-up. Click “Complete Meeting” to officially complete the meeting.
Updated 14 days ago